
Me and time have always had a difficult relationship.
I've always found that the way I'm supposed to spend my time and the way I want to spend it are 2 conflicting things.
It's gotten to the point where even if I want to do something, I'm reluctant to get it done because I'm also supposed to. How wacko is that?
Looking back on years of battling with chronic procrastination I now have strategies to avoid the worst of my antics, but I sure wish I'd figured all this out earlier. There's nothing like looking back and thinking: "Hey maybe I should have written that speech instead of rewatching the first season of Stargate SG1... Maybe I should have done Math instead of sitting in a cafe for hours and reading some trash magazine." But to this day I can't quite say I regret doing these things...even if I know I should :)
I just think it's one of the of the most important lessons I've ever learned, that time is valuable and to do things you love is just as important as doing things that are vital to getting your life ahead. There has to be a balance I guess... Also, who knows, I might just end up liking whatever I rejected for some dumb reason initially.
No comments:
Post a Comment
please keep it clean and ad-free...