Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Vladimir

So I've been trying to improve my sketching skills. I'm generally not bad at drawing, but I can't capture reality quite in the way I want to - which is quickly but still accurately. To remedy this I've ordered myself to practice practice practice, because when it comes to drawing and art in general that's just the only way to get better.

Anyways, this morning after breakfast I thought I'd start my journey towards a better-sketching-me with a quick sketching practice. I grabbed one of my magazines, my sketchbook and a ballpoint pen and picked out a high contrast photograph for my drawing (high contrast = awesome shadows).

Let's just say I failed miserably in the difficulty assessment department... this drawing of Vladimir Klitschko (picked because of my recent faible for boxing and the wonderful lighting) took me three hours to do. THREE HOURS.
I mean it's accurate and all, but the time component ...agijoawigjiap odjbcviuowrjkvcioeRGURGLEgurglegurglegurgle.....SIGH
PS sorry about not posting lately! I've been vewwy busy and google chrome won't let me use the blogger page for some reason (it's beyond me, really... after all blogger is google owned, am I right?!) so I always have to switch back and forth between chrome and firefox, which just makes me infinitely unmotivated..... XD

No comments:

Post a Comment

please keep it clean and ad-free...