Friday, January 21, 2011

the way we get by

Life is hard, man. I've been barely surviving on a minimum of three cups of coffee each day lately and it's getting worse. Soon I'll need like a bucket of coffee next to me at all times or maybe I'll just skip straight to the IV drip and renting a room in the nearest starbucks... or space under the counter of the nearest starbucks. Really I just need one of those armchairs and I'd be set.



I think making people work 8 hours a day is inhumane. I'm so used to high school... yeah, you have to get up early, but think about it, you're also done by three pm and have the whole afternoon to go on teenage antics and emo soul searches. That's the life, people, and the world doesn't even know it.
Now I'm commuting 40 Minutes each way to my unpaid internship and working at least 8 hours each day. When am I going to contemplate the meaning of the world and frustatedly paint my nails black, huh? That's right, any time during the half hour between getting home, eating dinner and falling asleep on a nondescript object.(or the floor. I've stopped being picky)
Not to mention socializing. My friends have the annoying habit of living in a time zone at least 6 hours behind mine... so yeah, that means more coffee. and more and more and soon I'll be such a caffeine nut that even the last couple months of IB hell (during which I stayed up only because I ignored the warning lable on monster drinks) will seem like the softcore version of 'the sound of music' or something.

Sigh. Cup three is sitting emptied next to me and I've been sitting here attempting to cut a segment for tonights show for the last three hours. Maybe totay will be the day that I become a 4 cup girl. maybe I should just get one of those backpacks that marathon runners wear to stay hydrated and fill it with coffee...
anyways, it's back to work for me now, arriverderci or however you spell goodbye in italian

No comments:

Post a Comment

please keep it clean and ad-free...